Color For A Cause! Join us as we join other community organizations help raise funds for local organizations! You can help Kiwanis Club of Rome color our mural, shop and earn points for the group, and vote for your favorite mural to be displayed at the mall.
5-7pm Mount Berry Square Mall
Art Showcase! Show off your creative talents!
ART SHOWCASE INFO
April 3-11, 2018
Rome-Floyd County Library
1. Art Showcase contestants must be students in good standing with their respective schools and currently registered in Grades 6-12 in Rome or Floyd County or a Homeschool student who resides in Rome or Floyd County.
2. Only one contestant per art submission is permitted. No group projects permitted.
3. Art may be submitted in any of the following media: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, ceramics, sculpture, metal work, graphic design, mixed media and crafts. Only one item may be submitted per contestant.
4. All video media entries can be any length, but only the first 4 minutes will be judged.
5. Applications for Art Showcase must be submitted to Kiwanis by Tuesday, March 27 (See address and email below).
6. Art entries must be delivered to the Rome-Floyd County Library on Thursday, March 29, by 6 p.m. or Monday, April 2, by 1 p.m. Art will be displayed in the library and should remain there until April 12. Awards will be presented at the library on April 5 beginning at 6 p.m. Participants should be present. Entries must be removed from library by participants on April 12 by 6 p.m.
7. Any art deemed unsuitable or objectionable by the Kiwanis Art Committee will be excluded from the competition.
8. Each art entry shall be the original work of the contestant submitting the item and may not be copied from a photograph. (A painting copied from a photograph is permissible only if the contestant is the photographer). An exception will be made for mixed media collage.
9. Judging will be done by grade. The top 3 winners from each grade 6-12 will receive special recognition.
The top three overall winners in show (from grades 9-12 only) will receive Educational Scholarships: Best of Show $1000; 2nd Place ($300), 3rd Place ($200). Scholarship winners will receive Certificates of Scholarship at Kiwanis annual Scholarship Banquet on Tuesday, April 10, 2018, Oakhill Church of Christ, 6 p.m.
10. The top winner from each grade (6-12) and the Best of Show winner may be submitted for District (State-level) Competition, held in Leesburg GA, on April 28, 2018. At District competition, special recognition is awarded to top winners from Grades 6-12. Education scholarships are awarded to top 4 places in show (from grades 9-12 only)—1st, 2nd, 3rd places plus a Best of Show.
11. Framed artwork must have a wire hanger if submitted to District.
Submit application by March 28 to
Kiwanis Club of Rome, Attention: Art Showcase, P.O. Box 736, Rome GA 30162, OR
Email to email@example.com
Need more information or application: Contact Kiwanis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Banquet! Celebrating our local students and their next steps.
Oak Hill Church of Christ
Spring, 2018 Kickball Tournament! Key Club vs. Key Club, Key Club vs. Kiwanis, Kiwanis vs. Circle K....who will win?!?
Peaches must be picked-up (between 8:00am and 1:00pm) at the Rome Braves Stadium.
Peaches not picked up by 1:00 pm will be donated to the Community Kitchen of Rome.
All proceeds from the peach sale fund college scholarships for local students.