Join us at IHOP to benefit Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
Art & Music Showcase! Show off your creative talents!
MUSIC SHOWCASE INFO
Saturday, March 10, 2018
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
[Based on number of Participants, time may be tweaked (within this time frame)].
Participants will be notified after application deadline.
Location: Ford Auditorium – Berry College
1. Music Showcase contestants must be students in good standing with their respective schools and currently registered in Grades 9-12 in Rome/Floyd County or be a Homeschool student residing in Rome/Floyd County. Groups of 5 or fewer members, including an accompanist, if needed, may participate. Education scholarships will be presented to winners: 1st place $1000, 2nd place $300, 3rd place $200. Deadline to receive applications is Tuesday, March 6, 2018. (See application.)
2. The Music Showcase act is limited to a vocal or instrumental performance and is limited to a 4-minute performance time. Except for an accompanist, only amateur talent may participate. Background soundtracks that are used for vocal performances shall be instrumental only--no vocal backgrounds. Participants must have own instruments except for piano.
3. Music Showcase 1st place winner may be able to compete at the District Level (in Leesburg GA) on April 28 where 1st place District-Level winner will receive a $3500 education scholarship; 2nd place, $2500; 3rd place, $1000, and 4th place, $500.
4. A maximum of 20 acts will be accepted on a first-come, first-to-qualify basis.
Musicianship - 40%
Artistry - 30%
Presentation - 30%
ART SHOWCASE INFO
April 3-11, 2018
Rome-Floyd County Library
1. Art Showcase contestants must be students in good standing with their respective schools and currently registered in Grades 6-12 in Rome or Floyd County or a Homeschool student who resides in Rome or Floyd County.
2. Only one contestant per art submission is permitted. No group projects permitted.
3. Art may be submitted in any of the following media: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, ceramics, sculpture, metal work, graphic design, mixed media and crafts. Only one item may be submitted per contestant.
4. All video media entries can be any length, but only the first 4 minutes will be judged.
5. Applications for Art Showcase must be submitted to Kiwanis by Tuesday, March 27 (See address and email below).
6. Art entries must be delivered to the Rome-Floyd County Library on Thursday, March 29, by 6 p.m. or Monday, April 2, by 1 p.m. Art will be displayed in the library and should remain there until April 12. Awards will be presented at the library on April 5 beginning at 6 p.m. Participants should be present. Entries must be removed from library by participants on April 12 by 6 p.m.
7. Any art deemed unsuitable or objectionable by the Kiwanis Art Committee will be excluded from the competition.
8. Each art entry shall be the original work of the contestant submitting the item and may not be copied from a photograph. (A painting copied from a photograph is permissible only if the contestant is the photographer). An exception will be made for mixed media collage.
9. Judging will be done by grade. The top 3 winners from each grade 6-12 will receive special recognition.
The top three overall winners in show (from grades 9-12 only) will receive Educational Scholarships: Best of Show $1000; 2nd Place ($300), 3rd Place ($200). Scholarship winners will receive Certificates of Scholarship at Kiwanis annual Scholarship Banquet on Tuesday, April 10, 2018, Oakhill Church of Christ, 6 p.m.
10. The top winner from each grade (6-12) and the Best of Show winner may be submitted for District (State-level) Competition, held in Leesburg GA, on April 28, 2018. At District competition, special recognition is awarded to top winners from Grades 6-12. Education scholarships are awarded to top 4 places in show (from grades 9-12 only)—1st, 2nd, 3rd places plus a Best of Show.
11. Framed artwork must have a wire hanger if submitted to District.
Submit application by March 28 to
Kiwanis Club of Rome, Attention: Art Showcase, P.O. Box 736, Rome GA 30162, OR
Email to email@example.com
Need more information or application: Contact Kiwanis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Color For A Cause! Join us as we join other community organizations help raise funds for local organizations! You can help Kiwanis Club of Rome color our mural, shop and earn points for the group, and vote for your favorite mural to be displayed at the mall.
5-7pm Mount Berry Square Mall
Scholarship Banquet! Celebrating our local students and their next steps.
Oak Hill Church of Christ
Spring, 2018 Kickball Tournament! Key Club vs. Key Club, Key Club vs. Kiwanis, Kiwanis vs. Circle K....who will win?!?
Peaches must be picked-up (between 8:00am and 1:00pm) at the Rome Braves Stadium.
Peaches not picked up by 1:00 pm will be donated to the Community Kitchen of Rome.
All proceeds from the peach sale fund college scholarships for local students.